General Entry Requirements
Fees & Costs
Resident Permit Application - Required Documents
What is required to apply for a residence permit for studies in Sweden?
- What is required to apply for a residence permit for studies in Sweden?
- A personal bank statement of about 9500 euro
- Have a valid passport
- Be admitted to full-time studies
- Prove of payment of tuition fees
- An essay why you want to study in Sweden
- Have a comprehensive health insurance if you are admitted to study for less than a year.
- If your passport is about to expire, make sure to extend it – you cannot obtain a permit for longer than your passport’s period of validity
- Full-time studies correspond to 30 higher education credits per term. You cannot get a residence permit for distance studies.
- Minimum of SEK 8,190 per month is required.
Upon acquiring residence permit for studying at a university or college, you are allowed to work without a work permit as long as your residence permit is valid.
Click toREQUEST INFORMATION